Athletics & Recreation / Magazine Feature

Send your thoughts to Jesse Martin

Use the comments section below to send your thoughts and well wishes to Jesse Martin as he recovers from neck fractures. Martin was injured during a game against North Dakota Oct. 30; he underwent surgery to stabilize a broken C2 vertebra Nov. 8.

Updates:

39 Comments

1. Get well soon Jesse!

2. We’re proud of you and the team, hang in and thanks for your dedication to the Pioneers!

3. Get better buddy!

4. Great to see that you are up and walking already. Just take it easy — no need to get on the ice any time soon. Your teammates will have your back.

5. I’m so glad to hear you’re doing so well! I wish you a steady and complete recovery.

6. Jesse – I pray you have a complete recovery. Thanks for representing the Pioneers and DU so well!

7. You are in my family’s thoughts and prayers! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

8. Chelsey Baker-Hauck says:

Wishing you the best in your recovery. Your Pioneer family is here for you.

9. Get well soon !

10. Your continuing recovery and inspirational attitude were covered on last night’s news. I’m so pleased for you and for your family that you are making strong, steady progress. I’l pray for your full recovery. Be well!

11. Get well soon Jesse! Look forward to your full and complete recovery!

12. Jesse, so thankful your surgery went well. keep your spirits high – you are an amazing young man. good luck on your recovery!

13. Tom Malmgren says:

Great news on your surgery. Best of luck and get well soon.

14. Get well soon, there are many, many people following your progress and keeping you in their thoughts.

15. I heard your dad talk about how your glass is not only have full, but how thankful you are to have one — hey, not only is it half full, it is overflowing! Keep strong!

16. My family and I are praying you have a speedy and effective recovery. Thank you for your dedication and leadership to the DU hockey team. Stay positive and don’t forget that the entire DU family is supporting you.

17. Maris Family says:

Get well Soon Jesse! Good Bless

18. Rod MacKenzie says:

Best wishes from Canada, hard work and dedication that got you to DU will get you through your rehab and a full recovery- all the best Jesse

19. Jesse, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon and keep the faith.

20. Whit Matthews says:

Jesse, as you look back on this over the years I believe you will find that this moment will be the direct source of so many good things that you have coming to you. Harness the energy that surounds you and take everything that you can from this situation. Thank you and your team for everything you have given me over the years! Godspeed my friend!

21. Very best to you, Jesse! We’re all hoping for a speedy recovery.

22. The Pioneers are fortunate to have you as a teammate – wishing you a very speedy recovery!

23. From one hockey family to another, we wish you a speedy & healthy recovery and sending all our best.

24. Jesse,

Get well soon.My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. I hope that you will make a speedy recovery soon.

25. Jesse, I hope your recovery continues to go well. We are all thinking about you in Denver!!!!

26. Marjorie Smith says:

Dear Jesse,
    All of us here in DU’s Office of International Student Admission wish you a speedy recovery. As a Canadian, we feel like you are ‘one of ours’! Know that our positive thoughts are coming your way, hoping that you’ll be back on your feet again soon.
    Sincerely,
    Marjorie Smith, Associate Dean
    Director, International Student Admission
    University of Denver

27. Tamara Chapman says:

Jesse, everyone at DU is wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

We’ll be thinking of and pulling for you as your rehab progresses.

28. Sandy Tutwiler says:

Get well soon! My prayers are with you for a full recovery

29. Good luck buddy, wishing you a speedy recovery all the way from Alabama.

30. Adams Family says:

Jesse,

All of our best for a safe recovery and plentiful future. Your unfortunate injury reminds us of what is really important in life and is inspiration for all. Although rivals on the ice we are all in this together.

Be well,

U of M Gophers

31. I read your quote about the glass half empty or half full, that’ one I will always remember. Get well soon, and God bless. -Chris (Bemidji State fan.)

32. Many thoughts are with you. Get well soon!

33. DG (Houston TX) DU '88 says:

Someone just posted over at USCHO that Jesse is being airlifted to Denver today.

Certainly great news and having the support of all his teammates and students will certainly be a huge boost to his morale.

Go DU & Get Well Jesse…

• Chelsey Baker-Hauck says:

Jesse arrived at Craig Hospital today. He will be speaking to the media at 2 p.m. on Nov. 16, according to a Pioneers media advisory issued today. I’m sure all of the support of teammates and fans has helped in the recovery. Keep the good thoughts coming!

34. Jesse, you have faced adversity with the character and spirit that makes every DU Pioneer proud. Know that we are with you with every step you take.
    You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

35. Brian Canady says:

Jesse,
    My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family since hearing of your accident. I have seen too many spinal accidents in my life and wish you nothing but a fast and successful recovery. I was on the Sioux team when Robbie Bina broke his neck against Denver and my father broke C2 and was paralyzed when I was 11 Years Old. So I am very familiar with these types of injuries. My father and family spent 6 months at Craig hospital. They are the best at what they do, so you will be in good hands. Keep your head up as I know you will come out of this with flying colors. You have a great future ahead of you! Good luck to you!
    Brian Canady

36. Jesse, I will continue sending good thoughts and prayers throughout your recovery. I wish you all the best as you continue your amazing recovery. Please take care of yourself and give your body the time you need to heal. We’re all looking forward to having you back at DU! Best wishes.

37. Jesse, so glad to see you are doing well. The DU community has been keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and keeping up on your miraculous recovery so far at every opportunity. You have handled everything in a way that should make everyone proud to be a Pioneer.

-Jeremy

38. Is there any update on this guy’s injury. Such a tragic event, I surely hope he has recovered.

William on his iPad 3