The University of Denver Magazine will strive to provide fair and balanced coverage. The magazine does not support or endorse any individual politician or political party, nor does it favor any particular individual, organization or department within the University.
The University of Denver Magazine will correct all errors of fact. Class notes or death notices will be corrected online and a correction notice will be published in the Alumni Connections section of the print edition; all other corrections will be published in the Letters section.
The University of Denver Magazine is published by the Division of Marketing and Communications for University of Denver alumni, parents, students, employees, neighbors and friends. It is governed by an editorial board, which meets at least once annually.
- The editorial board is charged with balancing the interests of readers with the interests of the University as a whole. It operates in accordance with established University policies, procedures and regulations.
- The magazine’s editor makes magazine content decisions, subject to review and approval by the division’s vice chancellor.
All reader submissions (class notes, death notices and letters to the editor) should include a full name and contact information. Submissions for publication may not be potentially libelous or obscene, may not malign specific individuals or groups, and may not promote or endorse a product, service, political candidate or party. All submissions are subject to editing for clarity, length and style. With their submission, readers grant the University permission to publish any included information, as well as attendance dates or DU degree(s) and year(s) of graduation, and the city and state of residence or employment.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
The editorial staff reserves the right to limit the number of letters on a particular topic. Letters may include corrections, clarifications or criticisms of specific content. To be considered for publication, letters:
- Must directly reference content that was published in the University of Denver Magazine within the past two issues, or:
- Must contain information relevant to the magazine’s audience.
- Must be short (no more than 300 words).
The University of Denver Magazine will not publish notes submitted by a third party, unless that party is legally authorized to act on behalf of an alumnus(a). The magazine will not publish alumni phone numbers or email addresses, but may publish valid Web addresses.
- Notes must be about an alumnus(a) of the University of Denver. An alumnus(a) is any individual who was enrolled in a degree program of the University for one academic quarter or longer. The magazine does not publish notes for Women’s College alumnae unless they also meet University of Denver alumni criteria.
- Notes must include degree or attendance information that can be verified by University records.
- Notes may not include anticipated wedding dates or announcements of impending births. Engagement announcements (without dates) are acceptable, as are after-the-fact wedding and birth announcements.
- Digital photos submitted with class notes must be 300 dpi at a minimum size of 1” x 2”. Slides are acceptable, as are most black-and-white or color prints; photocopies cannot be used.
The University of Denver Magazine publishes obituaries only for the following: chancellors and chancellors emeriti; University building namesakes; and alumni, faculty/staff, students or administrators who are also public figures. The magazine publishes death notices about University of Denver alumni, students, current or retired faculty or staff members, volunteers or donors. Death notices include a name, University affiliation, hometown and date of death.
All submissions may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Denver Magazine accepts advertising for University of Denver programs as well as for products and services external to the University, except in the categories of insurance, credit cards and travel. Advertising does not currently appear on the University of Denver Magazine website.
- Advertising rates are set by the magazine’s editor and are published on a rate card.
- Ad space and placement must be reserved in advance by written agreement. Only University of Denver Magazine staff members may execute an ad agreement on behalf of the magazine.
- Ads must conform to University of Denver graphic identity and brand standards, as well as the University of Denver Style Manual.
- Ads must conform to design and size specifications.
- Advertorials must be clearly labeled as such.
- All advertisements are subject to approval by the editor, publisher or editorial board.